Working at the very sharp end of the industry, I spent years developing a code base for rapid development of absolutely bombproof emails that are mobile responsive, and work on ALL active email clients. I devoted a huge portion of my focus to solving the problem of poor email development that plagues the industry. Having to choose between poor code and mailchimp templates is not the promised land.
The code base, and my understanding of the inner workings of the industry led to the creation of the flock.digital email marketing service. Along with a team of developers, we provide email production, management and deployment services to businesses and agencies across the UK based on our robust and battletested code base.
Unique email technology:
In my development days, I was one of the first individuals to deploy weather, time of day and location reactive email content (reactive after deployment, not triggered delivery), create live countdown timers, and have developed a number of unique systems to allow those pieces of tech to be deployed at scale. This has become a key focus in my career due to the demand for high level development work on business critical communications and the need for more extreme approaches to email marketing for heavyweight brands. Some of the technology includes:
- Live video email content or header background videos
- Customer’s name as part of a dynamic email header image (including custom made fonts)
- Animated email headers and content
- Live animated email countdown timers for offers and launches
- Weather reactive email content
- Time of day reactive email content
- Rapid general HTML email development & testing.
- Led the project to automate a major UK bank’s on-boarding email communications with their team in the London HQ. This involved the creation of a secure connection between the data center and the CRM platform statically hosted at the agency’s HQ, and the creation of all customer communication emails required through an agency production team.
- Ran multiple integrated email and text response campaigns for the two large UK insurance brands requiring the monitoring of individual interactions through tracking and unique text ID codes.
- Deployed a run of special feature emails for a national retailer containing countdown timers, HTML5 video, weather reactive (and triggered) deployments, and monitored response.
- Developed a nested reactive email content matrix for a UK home hardware retailer that served content after email open based on user location AND weather AND time of day combined. The content changed if reopening the same email with any of those factors giving a different value.
- Created a rapid deployment email code templating system and an automated email user testing platform to decrease development and proofing time for a UK bank’s email campaigns. For the team of 10 involved in the development, testing and approval cycle, these systems cut the overall man hours per campaign dramatically, saving tens of thousands of pounds per year in labour costs.
I’ve also selected and managed mailing platforms for major UK marketing agencies and clients, I’ve controlled the agency side procedure and schedules for mailing campaigns and worked closely with strategists and planners to evolve both content plans and execution. In total, I have been directly responsible for the planning and production of around 60 million email deployments.
Work with me
I am currently accepting HTML email development related work from agencies and businesses through flock.digital.
If you are interested in working with me on your own email service development, big or small, please contact me.