My individual coding skills aside, digital consultancy is my main focus. I’ve been an integral part of digital marketing teams working on high profile and award winning campaigns for household names throughout the UK. My role has heavily been that of a digital consultant or producer, advising on digital technology, digital strategy and technical execution along with creative uses of existing and emerging technology. When I’m not doing that, I code.
If you regularly find digital projects spinning out of control, suffer development delays, or lack the technical expertise to manage delivery of a specific project effectively, then I can help. Digital consultancy exists to fill the gaps in your operation. You will have an industry expert that understands every side of the process, is experienced in working closely with developers, creatives and executives to achieve results.
The spectrum of work a digital consultant provides is huge, and very difficult to put into words, but here is list of example roles:
- Working as a project producer – guaranteeing the delivery of a project on time and on budget
- Providing technical knowledge in both agency and client planning sessions
- Conducting developer code reviews
- Supervising development teams to maintain efficiency and quality
- Managing QA and client approval processes
- Providing technical backup for client meetings and pitches
- Training account management teams to better represent their agency’s digital products
- Saving the day after digital project meltdowns.
The more challenging the problem, the more excited I am to be involved.
- For a major UK Bank, I led the charge on the technical offering for their customer communications. We re-built the layouts for all campaigns and explored the use of new technology to boost open rates and engagement of offer led campaigns. The entire catalogue of email builds are now fully mobile responsive, work in every email browser and device worth caring about, and are getting great results. As a bonus, our templating system has cut the design and development time in half, leading to faster and more agile deployments.
- I coordinated the development of email countdown timers and time of day reactive content for a national UK retailer’s offer led email campaigns. Those offer emails received a bump in open rates of 32%, which is fairly unheard of these days, and won my team an award in the process.
- For an international car manufacturer, I managed the development of templates and a comprehensive content matrix for emails received after the purchase of a used car from a registered dealer. The emails would populate with relevant accessories on sale by the manufacturer dependent on the model bought, and the profile of the owner.
- I’ve also managed (and selected) mailing platforms for major UK marketing agencies and clients, I’ve controlled the agency side procedure and schedules for mailing campaigns and worked closely with strategists and planners to evolve both content plans and execution. In total, I have been directly responsible for the planning and production of around 60 million email deployments to date.
- The most recent large scale project undertaken was for a another UK bank. I met with two of the product teams in their London HQ over the course of a few months and we developed a comms plan from the ground up. The plan included welcome (onboarding) emails for both products across three brands, along with offer-led campaigns, service reminder messages and app promotion emails. Once the plan was in place I coordinated the setup of secure data transfer between them and their agency, oversaw the production of the templates, trained account managers to trigger and analyse campaigns, and helped to develop a testing and reporting schedule.
Work with me
Whatever the requirement, if it’s digital, it’s likely I can add value to the project. I work on fixed rate contracts of digital consultancy to allow costs to be easily managed. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.